Facing A Trucking Violation? I Can Help.
Whether you are a truck driver or own a fleet of trucks, a trucking violation can be costly if not dealt with right away. Trucking violations are not ordinary traffic tickets. I am Danny Kallabat, and I have been practicing law in Michigan for decades, providing skilled defense for trucking tickets. My law firm represents over 30 trucking companies as well as many owner-operators throughout the U.S. and Canada who operate and drive trucks in Michigan.
Many traffic violations carry points that will appear on your driving record and compliance, safety and accountability (CSA) record. Hire my law firm, Kallabat Law Firm, to protect your commercial driver’s license and eliminate these points.
Do not allow tickets to appear on your record. This may make it difficult or impossible to seek or maintain employment and will cause your insurance premiums to increase. Even if you don’t live in Michigan, or if you live in Canada, simply paying tickets that carry points will show up on your record.
Are You Fighting A Civil Infraction Offense?
Most trucking traffic violations are civil infractions. The most common include but are not limited to:
- Improper Lane Use
- Fail To Stop Within An Assured Clear Distance
- Stop Sign Violation
- Disregard Traffic Control Device
- Defective Equipment
- Use Of Handheld Mobile Device
- Texting While Operating A Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Use Of Handheld Mobile Telephone While Operating A Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Log Book Violation
- Drive Without Due Care And Caution
- Seat Belt
- Following Too Close
- Truck Over Height, Over Width, Over Length.
- Careless Driving
- No Fuel Permit
- No Medical Card
- Placard Violation
- IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) Violations
You Do Not Need To Appear For Most Civil Infractions
Most courts in Michigan allow me to appear without you on civil infractions as long as you give me permission to act on your behalf. I will always be available by cell phone to update you and involve you in the negotiations.
Understanding Misdemeanor Offenses
Certain trucking traffic violations are criminal misdemeanors. The most common include but are not limited to:
- Bypassing scale
- Drunk Driving (OWI, Operating While Visibly Impaired, Operating Under The Influence Of A Controlled Substance)
- Drove While License Suspended
- Operating Commercial Vehicle Without A CDL
- Fail To Secure Load
- Spilled Load
- Fail To Display A Valid CDL License
- Reckless Driving
- Open Intoxicants – Driver
- Open Intoxicants – Passenger
- Preliminary Breath Test Refusal
- Fail To Stop Or Identify After A Personal Injury Accident
- Failed To Stop Or Identify After Property Damage Accident
- Improper Plate
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Expired Plate Or No Valid Plate
You May Not Need To Appear For Certain Misdemeanor Offenses
With certain trucking misdemeanor offenses, I may be able to appear in court without you with court permission and if I can negotiate the misdemeanor offense to a civil infraction. If you are located outside of Michigan and receive a trucking ticket misdemeanor offense please do not panic. Call for a free detailed consultation.
Call Today To Discuss Your Case
I have extensive experience successfully defending myriad trucking companies operating across the U.S. and Canada against costly Michigan trucking violations. I have solid track record of aggressively fighting to minimize or eliminate local, state and federal points, fines and penalties for truck drivers and trucking companies. Call my office today at (248) 357-3000. After hours, text or call my cell phone at (248) 227-9101 or fill out my contact form.